Friday 3 March 2017

Ident



I created my Ident in Adobe After Effects. I wanted a very simplistic title sequence that carried a lot of suspense through sound design. I wanted to add the element of water which would link to my company name "Tidal". I had a small title text in the Bauhaus font which is San Sariff creating a very simplistic and clean look carrying a lot of impact. I created a vignette around the dark blue background and then key-framed the mask path so the vignette gradually increases and decreases in said however this is very discreet when reviewing on an apple Mac. I used the CC drizzle effect on my text and reduced the drip frequency to time a single drop in the corner of my text. I then added a drip sound effect on top of the water however felt there wasn't enough ambience. I found some water noise to add ambience and depth to the intro. I also added a slowed down helicopter blade sound which made for quite an uncomfortable feel to the ident. I keyframes the opacity of the text so it faded in slowly and never fully reached 100% opacity giving some more depth and mystery. I didn't want the ident to be too poignant so that it complimented my film opening and didn't set a scene i wished my film to do by its self. I aimed for a minimalistic intro so it looked professional rather than including a tonne of effects which would distract from the film opening and reduce the production value in my opinion.



1 comment:

  1. Very stylish ident Miles, I like it. Fits well with your genre and the mood of the opening. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete