Monday 27 February 2017

Location Scouting for Fidelity- Location Confirmed


So location for Fidelity was a very aspirational aspect of the opening and was going to be the make or break for the mood of the film and would have set the mood really well. For my story board I had based it around a certain location I had spotted and have blogged about and also pitched my idea behind however I felt this would be a tricky place to get a hold of as it could be considered a health and safety risk for the owners due to the state of the building so I had my doubts from the start. I then had decided to find a few other similar setting locations in my local area as backup and found these places (though more practical to use) would not be as desolate or provide the secluded mood and feel to the scene or give off the same tension. They were also not as photogenic. One night I decided to hike down to the factory I had originally planned to shoot at and to my astonishment the homeowner was more than happy for us to shoot on the premises which meant Fidelity became one step closer to the finished article. In this video I walk down to the location and hope to show you it as well as assess the place myself. Shooting is scheduled to happen in the next few days and I would like to say I'm as prepared as I can be to move onto production of this project as things fall into place however as I explain I am aware of the chaos that can occur through shooting and pre shooting so am moving on with this project with a cautious head on and being prepared to improvise which I have been aware over the years I have been film making really makes or breaks the film and impact it gives off.

No comments:

Post a Comment