Monday 6 February 2017

Locaiton and Cast

LOCATIONS


For my opening sequence I will shoot in two locations for each sequence. The first sequence is very short however will be filmed on the country roads of Ilkley Moor. I feel these will be very good to use as they are twisting and masking and will be able to hide and reveal the car as it passes through and will also how enhance the cars personality and luxurious and peaceful feel. This location will be easy to access as we will just use public roads and shoot with a tripod at the side of the road. this location will also contrast to the following location of the confrontation.


My second location would be Murphys Machinery in Menston, this is an abandoned factory with a gravel car park down the side which would be perfect to present the confrontation sequence. The location is secluded and will provide great narrative enigma during the sequence leaving the audience perplexed as to how the story has taken them here and  what is to follow. It also shifts the mood instantly as the scene will be shot at night so it will instantly flip from what would be a peaceful drive through the country to a cut throat stand off which leads to casualty.



CAST


To make my opening realistic I want to have a cast made up of adults as this will present the opening as more realistic and therefore impactful.

For the role of Jason I have decided to cast my dad as he is a business man himself and is able to act relatively well and has experience being an extra in TV shows such as Eastenders.


For the role of Reggie I wanted to cast a smaller character who will seem vulnerable yet possesses a fiery personality so I have casted one of my dads friends as I feel they will work well together to produce a compelling performance.

For Arthur I wanted to cast someone slightly younger who will appear less experienced than the elder two characters which would therefore reinforce the fact he is of lower ranks as from inspirational films I have seen the more powerful protagonists to be of an older age using the younger characters under their command to carry out the more violent and physical work for this I aim to cast a younger man mid 30s who is slightly skinnier and could appear very intimidating.

The final characters I will need to cast will be the further 2 "henchmen" who I want to be younger still so it appears they have less power further despite each one being equipped with a gun so for this I aim to cast people who are around 25 years old. These characters will mostly be covered by shadow so appearance will not be as important. I will aim to cast 2 people of similar physical structure so therefore it will seem more clean and organised in the crime world and almost uniform and systematic almost like bodyguards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment