Tuesday 10 January 2017

BBFC rating for my film and final summary of target audience

My film I feel would be rated as a 15+ due to its violent nature and adult themes present from the opening I am going to create. I took this rating by looking at other crime films of similar violence levels and adult nature such as The Godfather and Goodfellas.


Primary Audience

My primary audience I have concluded from research looking at similar films and through polls conducted online. I have decided to tailor my film towards the 15-30 tear old male. My film appeals to this audience because the protagonist is male and I found the more violent crime films appeal towards a younger age group, the storyline of my opening is complex and uncivilised and set it modern era so this will also appeal towards a younger age group of males as in the opening of my film it lacks the maturity of a gang crime film that would appeal towards the elder male audience, such as complex phycological elements from films such as The Godfather. From research I also decided to aim my audience at the male gender as I found males to be by far the most interested in the crime genre. 

My film includes cutting edge technology including sports cars and fast abrupt fast paced action which i found would appeal more to a younger audience. The film would primarily feature modern cinema techniques and would not be considered a classic like The Godfather. 



Secondary Audience

My secondary audience would be the 30-50 male. This is based of the film as an entirety should it be produced fully as a feature film it would incorporate the mature elements which would be needed to attract an older audience interest. I based my Primary audience primarily off the opening of the film which is very much "gritty" and "raw" and lacks elegance which is similar to crime films I had looked into. I found most crime films will start off in a mystery location leaving the viewer perplexed and will then begin the story in a more civilised setting giving us as a viewer an insight into their real lifestyle before presenting them in a glamorous setting.

An older audience could be more interested in my opening as the opening still does include an element of elegance although subtle as I shall dress my actors in formal attire similar to a typical "gangster" film. Im also hoping to include an elegant car in my opening which would again appeal to the more mature older audience who would be interested in these elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment