Tuesday 28 February 2017

Production - shoot one


First day of production for Fidelity is complete. It involved many successes yet a few issues which could be fatal to the production value.

Unfortunately timing the shoot was a bit of an issue. I had chosen to shoot from 4:00pm onwards however felt this was an appropriate time to shoot and would give me the mysterious dusk lighting I had aimed for. Unfortunately we ended up shooting in broad daylight which although produced a very nice and clean image didn't provide the look I had aimed for. I had experimented in Premiere with colour grading post the shoot and found it was going to be quite easy in order to achieve the mysterious look to the video. Sound had quickly become an issue when reviewing footage at home as there was a river near by we were unaware of during the scout of the location however I think if we establish where the noise is coming from whilst establishing the scene it will oppose less of an issue and also helps to add ambience to the scene. I think during post we will have to add an additional stream sound on top of most of the shots to reinforce the ambience which will help with continuity and fluidity of the piece.

Cinematography of the piece felt quite strong however I feel I will need to possibly return another time and shoot some more B-roll. Following the script and story board was quite tricky as some lines when in practise felt unnatural or either were too complex and dragging the scene out. In addition as explained in my location scout the location differed from what I had originally planned so I even managed to make use of the nearby fire exit in order to look down for the final shot to emphasise vulnerability.

I decided to try multiple shots for each shot i wanted to include which would give me more variety and customisation when editing.  We were also stuck for time towards the end of the shoot running into some serious car problems meaning we had to end sooner than expected meaning the end for me on review seemed almost a bit rushed.

Next steps are to complete the shoot in the second location and begin editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment